Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Skypin' in Scotland


      Fortunately, I have a little experience when it come to staying abroad for longer periods of time and I will be staying in an area who's culture isn't too much unlike the United States. Furthermore, the time difference in Scotland is only 5 hours (compared to a 14 hour difference in Brisbane I've become familiar with), I've grown up eating British style foods (also due to family abroad), a chunk of my life was spend in harsh Chicago winters, I don't have to learn a completely new language, and I'm in contact with a few people who have already studied at the same university I will be attending. This being said, as prepared as I think I am for these tangible difference, being away from my family, especially my dad, and friends is going to push everything to the extreme. This is why I will be Skyping back home frequently. Thankfully my parents are semi-technologically inclined and I might already Skype an unusual amount with friends I see regularly. I think this is going make my transition into six months of independence a tiny bit smoother.  

No comments:

Post a Comment