Monday, November 10, 2014

Engineering in Edinburgh

   
    Especially as an engineering student, one of the main draws of studying abroad is the opportunity to enroll in classes not offered at Maryville College. Next spring, Edinburgh Napier university will present me with the chance to take an introductory mechanical engineering module that will give me a significant leg up for when continue on to my future engineering school. Even if this credit does not transfer back to Maryville, the experience gained will aid in my future studies and thus in my path to earning my degree. On top of this, there are many opportunities for internships in the area. This past summer I was lucky enough to land an internship working at the Spallation Neutron Source at ORNL. There, I met other engineers and physicists who have contacts at Spallation Neutron Sources all around Europe and who are willing to provide great recommendations. ISIS, located in Rutherford, is the main laboratory that I plan on applying for internships at for the summer of 2015. If all goes well and I am fortunate enough to gain a coveted spot at this lab, the experience would be invaluable to my future career (hopefully in such a laboratory).


No comments:

Post a Comment