Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Let me remind you of what got me this far, picture me quitting!


For me some of my transitioning is starting before I fly out to Italy.  I am changing my eating habits now since everything is different.  Receiving information from friends that have been to Italy they inform me gladly that most places do not serve ketchup (My love for Ketchup is ridiculous actually).  I am curbing my addiction before I end up going through withdraws.  As well I have been trying to stay away from home for longer periods of time to help the separation from my family and my dog (I love him too much).  Sleeping habits well I’m a college student sleep is scarce and far between enough to function.  I hope I can transition with the time change of 5 hours different.  I hope I can work through some of the food issues by just being in Italy the land of my favorite food desires.  Homesickness will be a problem though I plan on teaching my family to use Skype (so I can Skype my dog) and other means of communication for while I am abroad.  I will definitely get homesick no doubt about it, but like everything I must get used to it.  I hope that I won’t have much to complain about in Italy, but knowing me I probably will have my moments where I hate everything and everyone.  If it comes to that point I will just need to what I call hermit.  Sadness and depression will have to be battled when they come.  Though I would try to fill those voids somehow to reduce these emotions.  I am already easily angered and tend to try to hold it in until I am with my close friends or alone.  Talking it out by myself tends to work and will probably be my go to abroad.  Illnesses will be harder without my family just 60 miles away from me like here at MC, but I will have to learn to take of myself and grow as a more independent person.  I hope to jump into some activities upon my arrival though sometimes I refrain or withdraw from particular types of activities.  I want to experience and enjoy my time.  I hope to jump into the culture ASAP upon arrival and hopefully experience my culture shock sooner rather than later so I can get on with living like an Italian. Because what happens in Italy stays in Italy for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment