Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Germany... "Americanized"?




Everyone tells me about how it won't be too terrifying and different, they are a very "Americanized" country.  Don't be worried... hakuna matata.

I beg to differ...  Although it may be more American-like than other countries, it is still a completely different country with foreign aspects.  I do not speak German, and I am so bad at learning new languages, but thats why I'll be enrolled in a German Language course while I am there, hopefully learn the basics!  

The language isn't the only difference... my friends and family won't be there for me to go to when I need them.  Separation from my parents has been fairly easy with college, but they have always been driving distance away; my friends are usually walking distance away.  Ill deal with this most likely through messaging and Skype, also the occasional phone call to mom.  Skype or Facetime will become my new best friends.  

Apart from missing my family and having to try to learn a new language, other adjustments will be taken care of as they come up.  I am pretty easy-going and flexible, so I am excited to face new obstacles and grow from them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment