Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It is amazing to think that this semester is almost over and after the summer I will be going to Japan for eleven (that's right ELEVEN) months! All summer I intend to practice my Japanese to start to prepare myself to live my life for the next year in another language. It's going to be difficult, but if it's not a challenge, it's not worth it!

There is HOPE that all this paper work is almost over, but that's not even the best part! I FINALLY get to live my dream of living in a country I've wanted to see for as long as I can remember. This experience will not only help learn about the culture and everyday life in Japan, but also help me with my future vocation!

Since I started studying languages a few years ago (5-6 years), I've learned a few things about myself: (1) I love the uniqueness of every language, (2) I need to know how to say "I'm afraid of spiders (or better yet all bugs!) in every language, (3) learning a language isn't easy, but every positive action has a positive reaction, so NEVER GIVE UP what you love. As for me, I love languages and I want to spend my life learning them and use them in my future career!!

My dream job is to work for the United Nations as a linguist. However, I need years of experience as a linguist to work for the U.N, but that won't discourage me at all. I will reach my dream, but first I will take small steps to get there! Studying abroad in Japan is the first step, while I'm there I hope to get an internship or at least make connections, so when I graduate I can work in Japan. The longer I'm in the country the better my language skills will be. The next step would be to study other languages while I'm there, because I want to learn a minimum of five- seven languages. After many years of learning languages I will hopefully be able to work in the U.N.

If I ever change my mind about working for the U.N. I have a back up plan that also benefits from me studying abroad. However, that's more of a rainy day plan, because I've been dreaming to work at the U.N. for years now!

Preparing for my future vocation is great and all, but the part I'm most excited for out of all this, is the FACT that I get to live I a city I've dreamed of for years. Only this time it's NOT a dream! It's REAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment