Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Vocational Skills Abroad

In Prague I will be studying economics this will help me develop skills for my future job. One thing I will achieve by being in Prague is learning how to interact with others. In my opinion this is more important than studying economics. Once I am in Prague I will be surrounded by individuals whom I have never met before. Constantly being around others from an other culture will help me build vocational skills such as communication, and tolerance. I am aware at times when I try and communicate with others it will be difficult but I will have to tolerate the differences in cultures. After being in Prague for six weeks I believe I will be able to communicate with anyone from which ever walk of life. Also I will be able to conquer any task put in front of me after venturing in Europe all alone. For my future career I will need to obtain very good people skills. Being good around people will not only help me in my career but in life all together.


Studying economics in Prague will be a good vocational experience itself. Learning in a different culture will teach me to adapt to what ever environment I am in. I would have liked to signed up for an internship in Prague but I would like to build some more knowledge on my field before then. One thing I hope to achieve abroad is doing volunteer work of some sort. By volunteering I will further my interaction with people from different walks of life. Overall I would like to return from Europe with a brand new outlook on life. Improving my social skills and becoming more tolerate of people from different cultures. In the world of business it is very important to get along with others and I will learn how to do this studying abroad this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment