Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Planning Ahead

Someday I will have to leave school and join the workforce. This is unfortunate but inevitable. Hopefully I will be excited about my job when the time comes. One of the things that would make me most excited to work is the possibility of travel.

While traveling for work is not the same as going on vacation or studying abroad, it still seems exciting. I very much love the idea of travel but currently have little experience with it. Learning how to be on my own in a new place is a little bit daunting but will hopefully become second nature eventually. This is not something that happens to me often now. I do not really know how airports work and have never been on a train or subway. Figuring out how to get around will be essential, especially when trying to get to meetings and finding hotels. I will have to learn quickly or face the consequences.

I also believe that becoming bilingual will help land me a job I want. The way the world works now, it is almost becoming a necessity. I will work extremely hard in order to achieve this by talking to as many French people as possible. It will be tough at first, but it will pay off in the long run. It would be very easy to learn just enough French to get by in my classes, but that is not good enough for me. I will be able to speak French fluently and beautifully by the time I return home. This will allow me to speak to people from French speaking nations if my future job presents the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment