Monday, April 6, 2015

Weekend in Paris

Weekend in Paris
I want to spend a weekend in Paris which is only a few hours away by train. Paris is a major city in Europe and it has so much history. I want to visit the Eiffel Tower, the Catacombs, cathedrals, famous places in movies, and museums. It will make the most sense to leave as soon as class is out on a Friday afternoon and hop on a train. I will buy a train pass for either 15 days of travel within two months or just two months of travel days. I am planning on visiting Paris a few times and possibly other close destinations such as Geneva or Bordeaux, so a train pass is the best way to go.
Once I get to Paris, I will probably want to walk to my destination, most likely the Louvre.  On Fridays, the Louvre is open from 9:00am to 9:45pm. I know I can spend a very long time there, so when I leave it will probably be time to eat. I will make my way to a nearby café or restaurant to eat dinner. Then, I have always wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower at night. The cost of an entrance ticket to the top is 13.50 Euro and the hours on a Friday are 9:30am-11:00pm. I would climb to the top and look out over the city until night fall. After I come down, I would find my most likely by train to a hostel for the night.  I could stay at the Hôtel Aéro Club, Issy-les-Moulineauxthe. This hostel is 116 Euro for two nights and two people so it would only be 58 Euro for me. It is about three train stops away from the Eiffel tower and it has decent reviews.

When I wake up in the morning I will look for a local café or bakery or I could try the restaurant that is a part of the hostel.  After breakfast I will travel by metro to the Chateau de Vincennes. I will spend all day there at the museum, the chateau and the chapel. They have a café there for lunch. I will make my way back to Paris on the metro. Then I will visit the Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris. They offer tours every Saturday at 2:30pm in English. After that I will eat at another local restaurant and go back to the hostel for the night. Depending on how tired I am, I might explore the streets of paris just to see what life is like there. Then, I will wake up in the morning and catch the train back to Chambery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment