Monday, April 30, 2018

4th Blog

Living like a local means not acting like a tourist while in another place. Living like a local is one of the reasons while studying abroad is different than just visiting somewhere. You get the experience of what it's like to actually live and interact in another country, instead of viewing it as an outsider as one does as a tourist or someone just passing through.

I will be directly attending class with students from Prague and I will be interacting with them during my internship. I hope to gain friends through this experience. I also hope to take advantage of my commute from my apartment to school and my internship to interact and watch the locals around me. I also plan to find some sort of walking/hiking group to join to meet new people and getting some exercise in while I'm at it! Thankfully, I am going to be living with a bunch of other students so I'll have ready access to friends right in the place I'm living.

No comments:

Post a Comment