Monday, April 9, 2018

Blog 5

For my study abroad experience, I hope to not only take environmental science classes that are marine biology based, but I aspire to also get involved in the community. My biology professor has a connection with the County Armagh Community Development Agency located just outside of Belfast. He has already contacted him and told him of my arrival. With this, I can maintain my Bonner Scholarship, make money while abroad, as well as find out how nonprofits function abroad. I plan on getting my nonprofit professional certification in the hopes of starting a 501©3 focused on environmental issues; therefore, this nonprofit opportunity is essential to my vocational goals. I expect to gain skills related to communication, marketing strategy, and networking while abroad. This experience will shape me into the nonprofit professional I desire to be. Also, it will help me get a feel for the marginalized in the Northern Ireland community. I’m eager to see if there are any religious affiliations or correlations with the less-fortunate groups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment