Monday, April 30, 2018

Blog 4

One thing I'm looking forward to doing while in London is watching the World Cup. There's not going to be much talk about it in the States this year because our men's team didn't make it. The English team, however, did qualify for Russia. I'm really hoping to get to go to a local pub and watch a game and get that local experience of watching. Another thing I'm hoping to do is play pick up soccer while I'm there. I'm curious to see if my playing style is different from the other people I'd be playing with and against. I feel like surrounding myself with soccer will be really helpful in my transition because it's something I'm so familiar with. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make friends through playing while abroad.

Another thing I'm really looking forward to the food and shopping. While I'm sure there are going to be a lot of similarities, I'm curious to explore the differences. I know there's a lot of grocery store differences, and I'm looking forward to seeing what those are. Additionally, I know some things are eaten different, and I'm curious to try those. I'm curious to see what stores are different and what different products are carried there that we don't have.

Soccer, food, and shopping are three of my favorite things, so those are the three things I want to focus on to really live like a local.

No comments:

Post a Comment