Monday, April 9, 2018

Vocation and Study Abroad

This program from CEA is specifically focused on history and journalism which are aspects of both of my majors. It not only allows the participant to attend a class but also to have an internship. The history of Europe has always fascinated me, so, I will be taking a class on Central European history and working with interviews of people who witnessed many historical events which directly ties into my potential career path: writing historical fiction. This applies to both of my majors: interviewing relates to communications and meeting holocaust survivors relates to history. This ties not only into my professional goals for the trip but also to my personal goals as well. Through studying abroad, I intend to learn more about the history of Europe, experience what it is like to live in another country and build relationships with non-US citizens.

I chose to apply to this program since I am a double major with a minor; therefore, my schedule during the regular semester is quite full. The fact that this program is also combined with an internship helps me not only to get the international experience I am looking forward to, but it will also help work my SPE or writing communications internship into my busy schedule. Hopefully, this opportunity will help me decide what kind of grad school I want to attend after I graduate from college.

No comments:

Post a Comment