Monday, April 30, 2018

Vocation: Costa Rica

Blog Five: Vocation (Costa Rica)


As someone who plans on pursuing a career in inter-country adoption and aspires to be the owner of their own agency one day, service learning in Costa Rica will open many doors into that area of interests.

I have done research on Costa Rica's adoption policy and the council there does not accept private adoptions. These are the adoptions that are not handled by the Costa Rican Council of Adoptions (PANI). They are arranged by an attorney and approved by a judge. 

One way I can learn more is by visiting the Costa Rican Adoption Authority in San Jose, which is the city I will be living in during my stay there. Or I could visit Rainbow Kids, an adoption agency that focuses on child welfare and advocacy. 

While I am abroad I will, more than likely, be working with the homeless community. I expect that this will build my understanding of how to work as a team for a community in need, specifically in an international setting.  I have much anticipation in learning the power of teamwork and how to focus on a particular issue in order to tackle the conflict.


No comments:

Post a Comment