Monday, April 30, 2018

Blog 4 - Zackary Welch

It will not be too difficult for the way I currently live to transfer over to Argentina, but there will be a few adjustments. For one, I am used to the liberty of driving to wherever I want to go in my own car, so I will have to adjust to public transit. In addition, most of my activities rely on the use of the internet, so it is up in the air the quality of my internet access. I'm not too involved in my own community or campus, so I'm not terribly concerned with involvement there. I'm sure I'll look for clubs and organizations that are suited to my interests, or just look to find where people are gathered for enjoyment. The main places I will look for off campus to particpate in are card shops for FNM, Friday Night Magic, which I hope to continually while I am abroad, and churches or some place where I can continue to practice the organ.These activities will necessitate branching out into the community. I hope to make local friends from communitiy gatherings, whether that be through Magic, some other game, or perhaps in more informal establishments, and from classes and academic settings related to my major. I'm a fairly easy-going and laidback person as it is, so I feel as though I will be able to adapt to the new environment well. However, to ease the transition I will try to familaize myself with locations in the city before I go and hopefully have something to look foward to seeing when I get there. I will also work with my company during the summer and try to familaize myself with Spanish as spoken in the Computer Science world.

No comments:

Post a Comment