Monday, April 9, 2018

Workplace Differences

As I prepare to depart for New Zealand, I have looked into how my workplace there might be different from what I have experienced in the U.S. I found a lot about this topic on www.newzealandnow.govt.nz.  On this website, it says that typically, Kiwis like to have a more hands-off approach from managers than people from many other countries. This site also claims that they are respectful of higher-ups but typically speak to them in a casual manner. From interviewing with my job site in New Zealand, I have also learned from my employer that Kiwis are very laid back people. I think that all of this sounds like a very good fit for the way I like to work and interact with my co-workers. My employer in New Zealand also told me during our interview that Kiwis are typically very laid back. I honestly think that the most difficult part of working in New Zealand will be understanding the accents and phrases that are different from ones I use, but that can be overcome by asking for clarification. New Zealand sounds like it will be a great fit for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment