Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blog # 8: Vocation

I know Australia is a lot like the United States. I mean, we both speak English (given there will be major differences between Australian and American English), both countries are considered "melting pots" due to their diverse cultures and populations, and I'll get a great education at both Maryville and UTS. The classes that I will take in UTS and simply living in Sydney will provide me with the experience I will need in whatever career I choose, whether that be the Peace Corps, or working in some type of government job, or volunteering, or whatever! I'll have some experiences that will set my resume apart from others. Simply from studying abroad I'll gain connections abroad (networking), better people skills (since I'll have to meet new people), and I will know how to adjust to a different type of educational system (I'm flexible). Also, I'm not much of a "big" school kinda gal, so I decided to go to a large school for a change. I will be living on my own for once, too. I mean, I technically live on my own now, but my home is less than two hours away. I want to not be distracted by my mom telling me to come home every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment