Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Vocation


Australia and New Zealand are only the beginning of the traveling I hope to do. In order for me to get involved and teach the public about environmental issues and show how to live a lifestyle that will promote conservation and innovation, I must travel and see the different types of climates and people. I want to round myself as a person and an environmentalist. The reason I chose this program is because SFS is focused on environmental issues and changes. Each program they have available covers an aspect of the issues we are facing today. I chose the Australia and New Zealand program, because it focuses on the differences between countries when it comes to political structure, co-management arrangements, land-use patterns, and biogeography. We will look at the differences of leadership, regulations, conservation, and interaction of people to their precious environment. Then break down what works and what doesn't in comparison to both countries. This will be an outline for what should and should not happen when considering other countries. We will also be out in the field researching and getting hands on within the community and environment. There will be day trips, and night trips where we will observe the nocturnal world. This trip is all about becoming one with the environment and see what we can do to save the resources and ecosystem. All of the field work I will be doing will help me with my future goals. I want to work at a non profit organization for an environmental issue for awhile or go into wildlife resourcing (park ranger or something on the lines of that). Having this on my resume will help me so much. To be a park ranger it is so important to have field work that involves research and study. And if I want to work at a non profit, to show I studied and went abroad will show I am dedicated to work hard and research my time into something I believe in. This trip will jump start my lifelong goals. I want to keep traveling and live in the field. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life. This trip will be the start of it all. I cannot wait.

I leave in less than a month. I have a month until my dreams become reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment