Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The world as my muse....

I wasn't 100% I was even going to Scotland three days ago but after receiving news that I was awarded money from the Gilman Scholarship, I finally have my tickets in hand!  It has made me even more determined to use every bit of this experience to my benefit.  Having a little extra will allow me to get a better lens for my camera (I'll need it for class as well for recording images for paintings) and allow me to travel to multiple art museums and see the local/regional art.  I am also taking two classes in a country that I find to be one of the most awe striking landscapes in the world, that is directly related to my career as a professional artist.  Having the chance to learn about the Psychology behind artwork, I believe, will give me a better understanding {logically} about what I use and why.  I only learned that I had talent two years ago and cannot sit and ramble on like most artists about styles, techniques, shades, intensities, etc.  I don't fully understand that side of it yet.  I just know I do what feels right.  The photography class will allow me to record the world correctly to help me better recreate when I am in my studio.  I plan to make a conscious effort to write, photograph and sketch every scene that inspires me.  My ultimate goal is to make a connection with at least 1 person that will lead to my artwork being represented in Scotland.  It will definitely not happen over night but that is the beauty of it...I will always have a personal connection to Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment