Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Art, Nature, and Conversation







My coping mechanisms involve art, nature and conversation.  I have not only a desire but also a need to create.  This allows me to process in a way that is representative and informational.  Art has been proven to help with problem solving so when I am in a stressful situation I let my mind drift while I paint.  

Another way I cope is to be outdoors.  When I am inside there isn't much stimuli and my mind tends to focus on the negative stress vs. the positive stress.  When I am outside, I appreciate my surroundings which in turn allows my coping skills to be at full potential.  My stress reduces, which tends to lead to a more pleasant experience.

My other coping mechanism is to talk to my husband.  Hopefully, funding will make it possible for him to come with me.  When I am in pain, it makes everything worse and Josh is the only person that truly helps me through it.  He knows my thought process and actions better than anyone on earth and helps me to process information in a positive light.  

I am grateful to have figured these out sooner or later because it allows me to enjoy more than stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment