Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wanderlust & Other Adventures: A Weekend Away in Paris



So I know I'll be studying abroad in Finland, but who is to say I can't take a little trip over to Paris, France? I've studied French in high school and college, and I absolutely love the language, not to mention I have friends that live in the country that I could go and visit. France is a beautiful place, and Paris is one of the crowning jewels. Almost every student dreams of Paris when they think of Europe, and it is always a place to go when you have the chance.

With a flight only four hours away, about the same amount of time it would take me to drive to Charlotte, NC from Maryville, Paris would be amazing to visit and easy to get around with its sprawling Metro system. To keep on budget a Hostel is always available to stay at, and as far as food is concerned you are in the foodie capital of the world so there is no reason at all to worry.

Out of the places I, in particular, want to visit, I would love to go to Le Louvre, Le Palais Garnier, and Notre-Dam de Paris. That might not seem like a lot, but considering the fact I could literally spend a whole day in Le Louvre museum without ever having any urge to go anywhere else the list is pretty long for a weekend holiday.

So to put together a tentative itinerary, this is what I would expect to do if I got the chance.

Friday:

Leave after classes most likely getting to Paris around dinner time. After checking in to the hostel find dinner and maybe explore some of the night life before heading back to the hostel and going to bed.

Saturday:

Breakfast~! With beautiful bakeries and cafes I am sure to find something to eat. The morning can be filled with Le Palais Garnier checking out its history and getting some amazing pictures. Tours are offered, and though I'm not fond of them it is always and option. About midday lunch can be found before going off to Le Louvre and staying until either it closes or I feel like I've had enough. Afterwards is dinner, and if I'm lucky maybe, just maybe, I can find cheap tickets to a show somewhere. If not, exploring Paris at night is always beautiful as long as I stay in safe areas.

Sunday:

Wake up and check out before heading for Notre-Dam de Paris grabbing a quick breakfast as I go. Touring the chapel will be breathtaking, and there's no doubt I'll get some amazing pictures. Depending on the time of day I should be able to hear the bells ringing as well. Making sure to keep an eye on the time I'll grab a quick lunch and head back to the airport to get ready to go back to Finland.

1 comment:

  1. How are you getting around? Where will you stay? What arrondisement? What hostels did you find? What is your budget? Eating in restaurants? Buying food? Does the hostel have breakfast?

    ReplyDelete