Monday, November 9, 2015

A Weekend in Shanghai

Although I hope to visit many places in China, one in particular that I cannot pass up is Shanghai. It would take just over 3 hours on a train to arrive in Shanghai. One of my favorite sites for traveling in China is Ctrip. This website offers discounted plane and train tickets as well as hotels at very low rates. According to Ctrip I could purchase a train ticket for about 300 Yuan, or $50. This would be a total of $100 for transportation. Additionally, I also found a nice yet reasonably priced hotel for $50/night in Shanghai.

While I am in Shanghai I would like to ride the Shanghai Maglev Train, which is a magnetic levitation train that reaches speeds of over 400 mph. A one way ticket costs 50 Yuan, less than $8. One free activity that would be fun is to go to the Fuxing park. It is apparently bustling with every type of person and activity and a god way to get a sense of the city and culture without spending a dime. I would love to visit Nanjing Road as well, one of the most well-known shopping strips in the world. This may not be budget friendly, but even just window shopping would be fun in this area. Finally, I would like to see The Bund, the famous waterfront area of Shangai. Budget friendly and infamous, The Bund would be an excellent addition to the weekend. Lastly, I would like to Qibao Ancient Town to gain insight on Chinese history and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment