Saturday, November 28, 2015

Transitioning and Adjusting

To help me cope with the transition to a new culture, I do not know what will work and what will not work because i have never been submersed in a new culture before. I can imagine what might work. When I go to AUI, I think that I will fit in well because i already have friends at that university and I will become friends with the international group just by the nature of being an international student. Whenever i feel like the new culture is overwhelming me, I will go to my friends there and talk to them about it. I hope that they will understand where i am coming from and will be able to suggest new ways to cope with whatever i am feeling. I also hope that if i really focus on my school work then i would be able to distract myself from whatever home sickness i am feeling. But, like I said before, I hope that I will not have a bad experience will all of these changes and new experiences, but I do not know how i am going to deal with them or react to them because i have never experienced anything close to this. I know that regardless of all of these stresses, I will have a good time there and will remember this for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment