Monday, November 16, 2015

Vocation

My situation is quite different from the typical study abroad student's. I am going abroad for my student teaching internship. By student teaching abroad, I am not only fulfilling my student teaching requirements, but also dream of mine to teach abroad.

This will be very beneficial for me because I will gain practical experience in a foreign country where the teaching style may be very different from what I am used to. I am excited at het opportunity to be immersed in the new culture while learning about their education system. I hope that I will be able to bring back parts of their education system that I like and integrate them into the culture here.

I believe this will be a great resumé booster as well. Having this on my resume will show that I am adaptable, knowledgable, and willing to try new things. Since I hope to get a teaching job abroad after, I am hoping to be able to apply for jobs while I am abroad. I think having student teaching on my resume will make me more marketable when applying for those jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment