Saturday, November 28, 2015

Vocational Goals

Studying abroad at AUI contributes to my vocational goals by exposing me to a different culture and making me more aware of the world I live in. I came to Maryville College to come out a well-rounded person, and I believe that this experience will certainly contribute to that. I think this is not the way it usually works, but AUI offers every class i need to graduate while i am there. The part that i believe is not the way it usually works is that Maryville College does not offer everything i need to graduate. I have chosen to attend AUI because I know that I will be able to complete my degree as a result of studying there. MC's STEM programs are so small that we do not offer every class when I need it, and therefore I would not be able to graduate in time. I also plan to do some volunteering in Morocco while I am there as a way to complete the requirements for my Bonner Scholarship. I will be able to work with a different group of people than i am used to, and it will help me learn how to deal with that. I expect to gain skills in money management, personal time planning, and social interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment