Sunday, November 15, 2015

Vocation

One way that studying abroad will help my vocation is that I applied to schools based on the classes they offer; these are specific classes that I would like to take and that are not offered here at Maryville.  The type of classes I focused on looking for most are animal behavior classes.  This is a field I am highly interested in and am seriously considering pursuing after undergrad.  Because Maryville only offers a basic biology program, I think studying abroad presents an opportunity to explore a wider variety of classes that might help in picking a vocation.  I hope to be able to take a class relating to animal behavior, which would directly help me by giving a background in something I think I might want to study in the future as well as potentially showing me that I don't really want to study it after all.  At the university I am currently placed at, they have an entire major devoted to animal behavior, so if nothing else I can talk to the professors there and ask them questions and perhaps even make future connections!   I would even consider the possibility of doing field research there or an internship to help with my senior study, if it was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment