Sunday, November 22, 2015

Vocation

My reason fro selecting JUFE is in direct correlation with my career goals. I would like to teach overseas when I graduate. I would enjoy teach in an international school, but would eventually like to teach in a local school in the local language. I am especially interested in special education and developing programs for special needs students internationally. Many countries, especially in developing or rural areas, do not even acknowledge a need for serving students with disabilities. This is my passion and I hope to raise awareness and create programs to improve the quality of life and education for students with special needs globally.

I love Asia and am especially drawn to China, especially because of it's diversity and progressiveness. I think that China is a perfect place to implement new programs for special needs students because it is both a need, but also has the potential to really invest in the idea and influence many others to do the same. For this reason, if I plan to live in China at some point to work towards some of these goals, learning the language is imperative. My main goal while abroad is to learn as much Mandarin as possible and to give myself a solid foundation for future language learning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment