Monday, November 16, 2015

Vocation

I am very much planning on a career in international non-profit work, so study abroad experience is invaluable to me. It gives me a chance to not only learn more about navigating other cultures and spaces, but gives me opportunities to network in NGO settings with people around the world. I am already in the works to volunteer at a non-profit in Bangkok that works with refugees while living there.

Just the experience alone of being abroad will benefit me greatly in my vocational goals, especially since I will be living in an at least partially developing country will expose me to the hardships and experiences inherent to that lifestyle. It'll give me an opportunity to empathize and communicate with the people I want to help in a way I can't here

No comments:

Post a Comment