Friday, October 16, 2015

Living Like Local In S. Korea

While I will be staying in South Korea, I want to get involved as much as I can be, both on campus and out of campus. For on campus activity, I will see if they offer English journalizing clubs like News Paper. Publishing monthly or weekly articles about my experiences in USA would definitely help students who want to know what life in USA would be like and also for students who is planning to or thinking of studying in USA. Since I have spent both times in Korea and USA, I think I would be able to tell them both points (life of Korean students living in USA). As for out of campus activity, I do really want to visit Haenam Children Center regularly, it is where I volunteered and spent my time in Korea when I took a semester off. It is located 5 hours from Seoul so I am expecting to visit at least once a month. Haenam Children Center is where homeless, abused, and abandoned children lives with Pastor’s family. I also want to tell my Yonsei friends about my experiences in Haenam and suggest them to visit with me or make small group. It would be also good to ask Yonsei Community Service Club to support the event of visiting Haenam Children Center maybe with some supplies or planning of game activities, and spend a day or days by having fun with children. I know many of college students really want to volunteer but they cannot afford to because of either time limits or they don’t know where they can volunteer at.
Also, I am thinking of joining Photography club. I love taking pictures and Photography clubs travel around near cities, visit beautiful places and take pictures of them. This activity would make me know more about cities where I haven’t visited or did not know.
I think joining clubs and finding common interests with people is I think one of the best ways to get along, understand people, and be familiar with them.



I want to be active both on campus and out of campus. I don’t want my semester to be just all about on campus. I will use weekends and breaks wisely so I can travel, have fun with friends, volunteering, club activities, and time with my grandparents and relatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment