Monday, October 26, 2015

A Weekend in Belfast



         I’m really hoping to spend some time in Belfast while I’m in Northern Ireland. For me, I think staying in some sort of hostel or other equivalent will be the best option. I’m hoping that by saving money on accommodations, I’ll have more to spend on activities. Some options that sound good include the Belfast International Youth Hostel and Global Village – both are around $20 per night. Belfast has a city metro, and for around $7 you can use it as much as you want for one day. Some attractions in Belfast that I’d really to go see are Titanic Belfast, the Crown Liquor Saloon, and the Ulster Museum. 

Tentative Itinerary:
Friday night – eat at Rhubarb, visit Bittle’s Bar
Saturday – Titanic Belfast and the Botanic Gardens, dinner at the Crown Liquor Saloon
Sunday – breakfast at Breakfast of Champions, Ulster Museum, Taxis and Troubles

            It’s really important to me that I leave a lot of wiggle room during my travels, and not over-schedule myself – I really want to be able to take time to enjoy myself, and have some spontaneity as well! That’s something that I’ve always run into while traveling with my family – we’re all big planners, and sometimes out trips feel rushed. What does it matter that you got to see a famous monument, if all you did was glance at it, take a picture, and walk away? I can’t wait to experience Belfast, and really take the time to get to know the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment