Monday, October 19, 2015

Viviendo La Vida Local en La Argentina

To make a life for myself in Argentina, I plan on involving myself in extracurricular activities on campus. One of these I am really excited to experience is tango lessons. I don't know what all that entails; whether or not I will need a partner or special shoes. But it sounds amazing because I want so badly to learn a dance the country is famous for. I hope that through that I will form friends because my dancing is pretty bad. If anyone wants to be friends with me after they see how badly I tango, then I definitely need to be their friend.

I'm also interested in the horse-back riding lessons. I have actually been a little terrified of riding horses, so I think it would be a challenge for me. Before I go to those lessons, I plan on finding a friend to accompany me. If not, I will go alone and make a friend!

La Universidad Blas Pascal has a club for international students like MC does and I hope to make friends from all around the world through the people I meet in that club.

An aspect of life in Argentina that I am so excited about is living with a family and having them to spend time with. I am a very family oriented person, so I love that I will be placed with a host family. I plan on spending a significant amount of time with the family and getting to know them as well as I can. I know I will learn a lot from my host family. 

The biggest thing that has come to mind every time I've thought about making friends in Argentina has been doing what the locals do. I want to find out what the students do specifically in that area of Córdoba. I want to see where they get coffee, where they study and do homework, where they buy books, if they go anywhere to go hiking or running, and I want to go to those places. I plan to just ask the students what places they frequent and to ask them to go with me... Maybe after I make a friend through the tango lessons. 

I hope that I can establish a loosely stable routine, if that makes sense. I want time set aside for studying and homework everyday but also allow time for socializing with the friends I make. I imagine I'll wake up a few mornings a week to go for a run (if I find a running buddy), and maybe do some homework before class if I have the time. I'm a morning person - that is my most productive time of day. I think I will do a lot of homework and studying in the mornings. In the afternoons, if I have time, I'll probably take a nap because I can't live without naps. In the evenings, I will try to do something different every night whether or not it is staying out late with friends or spending the evening drinking coffee and studying with friends. I want to be as flexible as possible because I feel that if I don't, I'll miss out on something awesome. The biggest thing I don't plan on doing is spending all my free time lying in bed watching Netflix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment