Sunday, October 11, 2015

Photo Essay of Life - Bethany Headrick


I feel as if pictures can only convey the bigger story of my life in America: the most important things and people to me. I have compiled here a series of photos of the most important people in my life and the things I get to do with them (and of course very much enjoy). I'm blessed to get to live life with them in America.


 Dam! What a picture. This is some of my family members that live in Washington state - my Uncle B, me, my dad (lives with me in TN), and my Aunt Cathy. We are standing in front of Grand Coulee Dam, the largest concrete structure in the United States. My sweet Stepmom, who I call Bunnie, took the picture. It was a great day of driving around Grand Coulee and just talking.

Aunt Cathy, myself, Uncle B
 Every year, I visit family in Washington. This past year, my Uncle B and Aunt Cathy took me to Glacier National Park. It was so exciting to see such a beautiful place and fully take in how sheerly massive mountain ranges can be.

 Glacier National Park, one of the mesmerizing views from Going-To-The-Sun Road
 This makes me feel so small. How amazing! I would love to visit more national parks across the US; there are several that citizens flock to year-round to explore the natural United States.                                       
My Mom
She is my best friend. One of my favorite things to do with her is go and get Mexican food right by our house. Going out to dinner is a pretty common activity across America, I can say with security.

Myself and my Dad
My Dad, who is always goofing off. He likes to take me out to get dinner and then go to a movie, the only person I do that with!


Caroline, myself, and Brooke
Now we are really getting into the things I like to do the most. This is a picture of my best friends and I one evening when we went to the Parkway, a long road with mountain and city views on either side. We parked on the side of the road and went and found this spot to sit and watch the sunset. One of my favorite memories.

Myself, Katie, Cayla
This was taken after reaching the end of a relatively easy hike. We all climbed to the top of the waterfall and looked down at Brooke, who snapped this picture. Getting down from the waterfall was a lot harder than climbing up was.

Caroline and I
This is one of my favorite pictures ever. My roommate (sophomore year) and I sledding during a snow day. When school gets cancelled, all students layer up and head outside!

Myself, Kelsey, and Emma
Gatlinburg is right outside of Blount County, where I'm from, and is a huge attraction to tourists from all over... Including East Tennessee natives. Visiting with a couple of friends is one of the funnest things to do in my area.

Myself and Brooke
One of my favorite things to do is attend concerts. I recently attended a Foo Fighters concert in Nashville, and buying the tickets was the best decision I've made all year. I love grabbing a friend and just attending a concert. It's one of the easiest, most careless ways to have a good time.

Caroline and I
Sadly, my most favorite thing to do is to relax in whatever way possible as well as drinking coffee with my friends. These are both things I am very good at (are you impressed? (you shouldn't be)). Sitting around and talking and drinking coffee will never get old. I love to simply talk.

Myself, Brooke, and Caroline
My best friends and I after a long few hours of studying, doing homework, and drinking coffee. 

This is a photographic overview of my life in America... I hope you enjoyed it! 
-Bethany Headrick

No comments:

Post a Comment