Monday, October 12, 2015

My Life in the US

I wasn't sure what to put on this post but as I started looking through my photos I started getting a good sense of what I wanted and how my life in the US could be different from those in other cultures.


This is from one of the events on campus that we had where the winner got to get a cash prize. She was making it rain.


This is a group picture of our Student Programming Board here at Maryville. They are some of the best people that I know on campus and it would be hard to imagine being here without them.


I go home from Maryville about twice a month and this is the view I get at my halfway point in Cookeville Tennessee. It's not much to look at, but I thought it might say something about the US.


These are the cars that my family has whenever all three of the cars are in the same driveway. My mom's Ford, my dad's Honda, and my Mustang. No, I do not drive that fast in it.


This was at one of the events last semester where a brief dance break. Paul was having fun with a couple of the older SPB members who have since graduated.


I went home this past weekend and this was one of the views that I was able to see from the Plaza in front of the Capitol. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of one of the state buildings. 


This is the walkway to Thaw Hall, which is our library on campus. It was very foggy which might make it look farther than it actually is. From where I was standing, that's about a two minute walk.


This is one of the classrooms that we have on campus. The chairs are never this straight so I needed to take a picture for propriety. We normally do lecture style classes on campus though there are some lab based classes, though those are normally for science lectures.


This is one of the views from one of the windows of one of my classrooms. I thought it was pretty. 


This is Pearsons, the dining hall that we have on campus. It is mostly buffet style for the salad bar and pick-what-you-want for the other stations that they have like the hot line and sandwich line. Not pictured is the area where you can eat which has square four-person tables and a bar if you want to eat alone.


This is the coffee shop/convenience store we have on campus where you can get whatever you like with the Flex dollars we have built into our meal plans. 


I was doing laundry today so I decided to take a picture of the washer and dryers on campus. We are fortunate enough that we don't have to pay for the services on campus, but finding a time when one is available is a trick in and of itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment