Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I'M A POTATO- I Don't Blend Well

Blending in the way a Potato blends in with Carrots, Not Well, But Good Enough. 



Okay, so what am I even talking about right? 

I've always considered myself a person that generally gets along with others and even though contradicted I respect everyone's opinion. This topic of "getting involved and living locally" really has me thinking I do want to be apart of the "group". Yet I don't necessarily want to promote that  "great minds think alike" because no, great minds often don't think alike. Everyone's train of though (i'd like to think) is in some way or another different. So I have to tell myself although I want to be apart of life there I know there will be intense differences that I will have to properly reflect upon and try to reasonably understand.

Back on Point> "Getting involved & Living like a local"

  • My way of getting involved on campus and in the community would be to join groups and organizations, sort of like the way I would join them here. I'd look into the programs my school has to offer and consider the ones I feel like I could possibly identify with or even just learn new things about. I'm a little nervous (as I'm sure anyone would be) but the worst thing that could happen is a complete write-off to me and in that case I'll just roll my little potato self back into the sunset. 
  • "Living like a local" to me means "making the best out of my life in Spain". Like I'm sure I've said before in recent blog posts I am keen on change. Change to myself as a person, the change of environment, the change I bring with me to the people I will interact with daily. Any kind of change, whether it be good or bad change. Change is something I believe people need more of in their lives for a variety of reasons and why I also believe local life in Pamplona will be important to me.  
  • "BAILANDO" I plan to dance my way across spanish culture! No, but really, I hope to get involved in community events in my city as well as the university events being hosted. Social events and educational events alike will help me open the doors to closed minded stereotypes and opportunities to meet new people from all walks of life. 
  • I will look at my schools events 
  • I can start off now by making pen pals as I go and start off with what I know then what I want to find out. 
  • I Plan to travel as well, I want a wide view of Europe not a narrow one. (Cheap but very awesome airlines) 

No comments:

Post a Comment