Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Penguins can't fly, I can't fly, and therefore I am a penguin.


           I would like to visit Argentina while I am studying abroad in Chile. The biggest reason for visiting Argentina is because I want to experience a different Latin culture and hear an Argentinian Spanish accent. 

 Accommodation
o   I would probably stay in a hostel because they are the most affordable. I found rates anywhere from $11- $40 for a private room, I do not really know how I feel about sharing a room with 7 other individuals.
Transportation
o   Chile has great transportation to Argentina by bus or air. A round-trip bus ticket from Santiago to Buenos Aires on El Rapido Internacional bus costs around $70 ( no entrance fee) or an airplane ticket was about $150.
Priorities
o   I would like to visit Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Patagonia
§  Buenos Aires: visit museums, plazas, la boca,
§  Mendoza: visit the famous wineries, plazas, Inca Bridge
§  Patagonia: hike, most importantly see the PENGUINS
§  Parque Nacional Iguazu, Mar del Plata, Flea markets in San Telmo

Buenos Aires

Mendoza

Patagonia

Food
§  In San Telmo I want to get coffee at Café Dorrego
§  Plazas are always known to have great local food vendors, because I am not really interested nor will I be able to afford a $100 meal I really want to focus on trying local food
 Tentative itinerary
§  Arrive in Buenos Aires
§  Stay in Buenos Aires for about 1 day
§  Travel down to Patagonia for about one night
§  Travel up to Mendoza
§  Travel back to Buenos Aires and catch a bus back to Santiago

1 comment:

  1. More specifics please...what hostels did you find? why did you choose them? What about transportation when you get there? What would you do in a weekend? Is your itinerary possible?

    ReplyDelete