Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Vamonos a Chile


Strengths
1)     Being independent
2)     Prioritizing
3)     Punctuality
4)     Staying on task
5)     Organizational skills
6)     Decision making
7)     Following directions
Besides the following strengths the most important to how I can adapt to a new culture would probably be the fact that I had to experience a new culture when moving to the U.S. Having a Latin background also makes me feel more comfortable with the idea of traveling to Chile. I understand it wont all be the same, but I feel a little more relieved because I can relate to the culture.
Challenges
1)     Asking for help
2)     Group work
3)     Trying new food
4)     Not having guidelines
5)     Go with the flow
6)     Starting a conversation

I am actually looking forward to these challenges because I think I will really benefit from them personally. I hope studying abroad will help me out of my comfort zone and make me a better-rounded individual. I do think these disadvantages will help me learn more about Chile. All my disadvantages deal with the fear of socializing with others, so by 
meeting new people and trying new foods together I think it will 
deepen my experience.

I really want to bring my traditions and music to Chile. I love listening to Spanish music, but one of my favorite genres of music is only local to my hometown in Mexico. I believe music and food really brings people together so I would like to expose my future friends and host family to my favorite food and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment