Tuesday, October 21, 2014

“Why Be a King When You Can Be a God?”


Let Us Take A Journey Around the World!!!! 
First stop Italy for study abroad.
 
Next Stop Is…….
 
Athens, Greece.  Are you into Greek Mythology?  The Olympics?  Just Traveling to new places?  Well dig out those walking shoes and loosen those belts. We are hitting the streets of Athens Greece!  You will see it all from history to new technology. Dive into the cultural food and the culture of Greece.  Walk amongst the temples of those well-known Greek Gods such as Zeus, Poseidon, Hephaestus, and Apollo. 

Travel:
With recent news of most Greek trains shutdown flying in is the best option of by ferries.  Finding cheaper flights should be easy for a short trip such as this one.  Ferries are advised for going to and from the Greek islands. While there I will probably be walking, taking a cab (maybe for longer distance), and train if it is going, riding a bus may be an option as well. I want to try and stay in local Athens with the temples and local foods.

Housing:
Housing in forms of Hostels and B&BS are available and reasonably cheap. Preferably in a nice part of town close to some of the temples or restaurants I would like to see/visit.  I found two to three in the general area of the temples. 

Food:
There are many cafes I would love to try that serve up local cuisine and delicacies.  When visiting Athens I must eat like the Gods.  I don’t want to dwell on the thought of all the food I will eat.  It will make me hungry.  I want to enjoy the cultural food and learn the ways of the Gods.

Budget:
I will have to budget accordingly to accommodate my stay and food as well as spending money on souvenirs.  We all need souvenirs of a place like Athens.  I would roughly estimate (in dollars) not using possible discounted flights I may be able to take $270 (remember estimated and without cheaper flight I may purchase as a student). That includes: flight from Italy to Greece round trip, Housing, food and spending money.
 
Helpful Links include:

 

1 comment:

  1. I want YOUR itinerary. Where will you stay - which hostel? What will you do for each of 2-3 days? How will you get there (when does transportation get there/depart) - what logistics issues do you encounter when trying to figure this out? When you get there, how do you get around? Why do you need a ferry if you are going to Athens? What sites can you fit in?

    ReplyDelete