Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Integration of Intellectual inspiration

Canada is a place of cold land and warm cups (and I guess hearts), and my desire to mold into their community is something that is at the top of my lists of priorities. With this key desire in mind, I hope to brandish it like a rod of friendship and magic and become more than I am through the relationships and the people that I will meet there. Further more, there are a few things that I know will be in my best interest to follow and unfold these ideas to allow them to blossom into the beautiful flowers I know they are.


Bonner oh the Community Service


This is the easiest way to meet new people and to make connections with a community that one wouldn't normally have the ability to do with just the idea of walking in and out of a street. Bonner is a scholarship program that helps students with money needed by in turn allowing them to put hours into the community to balance things out. Through the service that these students do, they make connections and make friends whether they went to their site thinking that this was going to happen or not.


I plan on hoping to work with children, in possibly a boys and girls club type of  tutoring agency, to help the growth of literacy and English/language skills within their community. I also really hope to find and work with the indigenous/first nations community whether it be through any age of humans that walk this earth. 


Pushing myself into the community and gaining a breadth of connections also helps with the assimilation into their culture. Working daily, or ever other day with people within the community makes it much easier to grow together through the sharing of knowledge and memories. Even here I've met handfuls of men and women through ESL and tutoring so that just a short trip to walmart will produce one of them. Even though I live over two hours away, It helps to know that I can go out and see people not only that I know, but that i can see people who know me and have connections with me enough that we could stop and chat about our lives.

I hope that even abroad that this type of connection between volunteering still exists, and allows me to excel in this area of my life.



Books


It's not a secret that I wrote a book, and I do plan on making friends through the face of my book. Sitting in the library for hours, watching people, talking to people, handing out and talking about books. Many a people have made friends just talking about books and the connections that novels have made between people excites me to no end.


But then again, I am a writer.

I will be marketing, at least sending people to amazon to buy my book, for Languish when I am in Canada, and just chatting with people about my experience of publishing a book, of writing my next one, of creating ideas and reading others will pull people together in ways That I believe is exciting.

Book Clubs are cool places. I promise, and not just to me.


Day to Day activity

  • Wake up in the morning, around the same time, get ready to go to class. (if no class, get up and study during the time that you would be in class or try and find a day time indigenous program that has to do with Volunteer work even if it is through a museum)
  • Lunch (if allowed) during mid day
  • Classes(ish)
  • Try and find an after school program for tutoring children while making sure that it doesn't interfere with classes.
  • Dinner
  • Classes (because Canada has a lot of late night classes, but that probably has to do with the amount of students that they have on campus and what not)
  • Find 3-4 hours during the day, hopefully between 7pm-1am to give myself alone time to allow for me to write, to unwind, and to be myself. This can be via library, own room, or any other variation of the two.
  • Also. Breath. Breathing is nice.
  • Then sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment